cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails to a plus.net recipient rejected with 552 Spam Message Rejected

JonWalker

Emails to a plus.net recipient rejected with 552 Spam Message Rejected

Hi there

We're posting here as an email sender and not currently a plus.net customer. We're having trouble getting emails through to a customer who is hosted by plus.net. They are bouncing back as follows (I have redacted most of the address):

<s****@y*****s.plus.com >: host mx.avasin.plus.net[212.159.8.200] said: 552 Spam

Message Rejected  (in reply to end of DATA command)

We have no instances of this with other customers/contacts.

Your help is greatly appreciated. Please let me know what other info (Headers etc) is required.

Many thanks

Jonathan Walker (<Org> IT Support)

4 REPLIES 4
MrAllen2021
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Emails to a plus.net recipient rejected with 552 Spam Message Rejected

If he's using Webmail, which has limited storage, his inbox could be full hence the bounce back.

I'd still get him to ring PN and see why his emails are being flagged as spam though.

Do you see? Cheesy
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @JonWalker,

I'm sorry to see that you're facing these issues. Are you able to try sending the email without any attachments included, or just a short test email in general, to see if this goes through?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Hi @JonWalker ,

A warm welcome to the forums.

In bound 552 bounces can be a challenge to diagnose.  Your original post suggested that the issue was restricted to just this user.

• Is this the ONLY user using an address@*.plus.com domain email address?
  • Do other email sent by your organisation to this address get processed normally?

I have seen cloudmark bounce emails having both A & B in an email but be fine if just A or B is contained.  There are some odd combinations which have given rise to false positives.  That being the case, pruning the email content as suggested by @TheMightyAJ might not be helpful.

@MrAllen2021 's suggestion of an individual's mailbox being full does not apply to a plus.com mailbox - though they have quotas, they do not shut down receiving if they are full.  If they did then there should be a different error message.

At this juncture, I would recommend you sending a PM to @Gandalf (staff support) containing the following information...

• Date and time the outbound message was sent
  • Date and time the bounce back was received
  • The email subject text
  • The sending email address
  • The recipient's email address (unredacted)
  • Any signature code contained in the bounce back message

That ought to provide enough information to start looking through the logs for the offending item ... and the reason for its rejection.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JonWalker

Hi The MightyAJ,

I have talked with my colleague who sent the email, she has provided me a copy.

It does not appear to have anything I would see as a cause for issue; The email contains no attachments or images. It seems to just be text. 

I'll check if there has been another attempt to test yet.

Thank you for your help and suggestions, it is appreciated