Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails to a plus.net recipient rejected with 552 Spam Message Rejected

FIXED
derykmarl

Emails to a plus.net recipient rejected with 552 Spam Message Rejected

Hi there

I'm actually posting as an email sender and not currently a plus.net customer ourselves (our options remain open!) but we're having trouble getting emails through to a customer who is hosted by plus.net and uses your MX servers.  They are bouncing back as follows:

[redacted]@[redacted].f9.co.uk
mx.avasin.plus.net
Remote Server returned 'mx.avasin.plus.net #5.0.0 smtp; 552 Spam Message Rejected'

(Customer email address redacted for their privacy)

Our emails are coming from marl.co.uk

I had been made aware that the A-record (web host) for marl.co.uk was blacklisted under UCEPROTECT L3, and have resolved the issue as marl.co.uk now points to CloudFlare which is clean, and marl.co.uk no longer appears under any blacklist search I've tried.  This has been the case for almost 2 weeks.

However, plus.net MX servers continue to reject our email as spam.  I somehow got 2 to go through but it appears to be random.  I thought it may be the message content (fairly lengthy email signature) but have tried completely disabling the signature and sending a plain test email, to no avail.

How can we get this cleared up?

Many thanks

IT Dept
Marl International

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Emails to a plus.net recipient rejected with 552 Spam Message Rejected

Fix

Thanks for your post @derykmarl and welcome to our Community Forums

Could you drop me a private message by going Here with the full unredacted bounceback, and a sample (headers) of the email that gets rejected? I'll then raise this with our network infrastructure operations team for further investigation.

Cheers

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
derykmarl

Emails going through now thanks to the excellent wizardry from Gandalf.  Much appreciated

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Cheers for the post back @derykmarl 

No problem at all, I'm happy to have helped solve this for you. ‌Cool

Let me know if there are further issues or anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet