cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails stopped working on Windows 8.1 Mail

coastergrotto
Grafter

Emails stopped working on Windows 8.1 Mail

My Windows Mail app on 8.1 has stopped working completely this morning for no apparent reason.    I haven't made any adjustment to any settings, 
I cannot send or receive any emails at all.  If I write an email, it stays in the Outbox until I delete it.    I can receive the emails on my mobile, my iPad and with Plusnet webmail.  Anyone any idea as to what has gone wrong?
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Emails stopped working on Windows 8.1 Mail

Is it giving you any error codes or messages?
Also have you checked and temporarily disabled any security software you may be using?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
coastergrotto
Grafter

There were no error codes at all.  It was working at yesterday lunchtime and then it just stopped working for no apparent reason.
Problem sorted by resetting the laptop and wiping it and doing a clean reinstall back to Windows 8.    I was able to set the mailboxes up straightaway.
However I now have a problem in that I'm unable to download Plusnet Protect, despite two phone calls to Plusnet Support.  Apparently it's been escalated to the department that deals with it.  That was 2 hours ago so not sure whether they will sort it tonight or not.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm wondering if rolling back windows updates might have helped but I know a few that have been put off by Windows 10.
Still getting used to 8 myself Cheesy
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
coastergrotto
Grafter

All sorted now, thanks to excellent telephone assistance from Plusnet Support.