Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails stopped coming in

Skirmish
Hooked

Emails stopped coming in

Hi,

Plusnet server does our  emails -  [ Removed] - the inbox is failing to show any emails, test emails are bouncing back with email is full messages.  I was able to delete 71 messages from the spam folder and almost 500 from the sent folder, but can`t access the inbox - either times out or a red box with a fetch error message comes up - looking in the settings it looks like there are just over 3000 messages in the inbox but I can`t access them at all to either look at or delete?

Need help please, Skirmish.

Moderators Note: Personal information removed

6 REPLIES 6
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Emails stopped coming in

@Skirmish 

A warm welcome to the forums.

I observe that you raised an issue with email earlier in the year (see here https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Globalnet-madasafish-email-address-issues-and-transfer/m-p/17029...) which @Gandalf responded to asking for further information, which has not been replied to.

The post above does not indicate where / how you are trying to access the mailbox.  If on webmail, the following might be relevant / helpful.

Slow webmail

There is a known gremlin in the third party Round Cube webmail program which can cause delays in listing emails - see the end user mitigation post at the top of the Email board here. It somewhat appears that any sorting or filtering on a large mailbox cripples the performance of RC webmail, where as the 'basic' webmail program (Squirrel Mail) is not affected. Using Squirrel Mail can be an effective way of accessing a mail box which is running slow with RC.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Skirmish
Hooked

Hi,

Thanks, for getting back to me, we try and access the emails from both desktop and phone via the madasfish to plusnet link. Loads up our plusnet email page fine, but then nothing - inbox currently showing just 2 emails in it (but there are 3000 in the inbox folder) and if you tray and send a test email it bounces back saying the email folder is full.  Of note, we can access various email folders like deleted, unread etc. fine, but when we try and look at the inbox folder it just throws up a pinkish error box with various fetch code fails.

Help would be appreciated.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

It sounds as though you are using webmail. Did you look at the slow web mail issuer I referred you to?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Skirmish
Hooked

Hi,

Yep, looked at that - alas it doesn`t mater how long we try to get the inbox to work it just won`t - though its much slower to respond on one computer than another, quicker on a mobile, but none get us access to the inbox emails.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Have you checked the sort sequence?

Have you tried to use Squirrel mail (basic webmail)?

Skirmish
Hooked

We use the basic webmail at the moment - has worked for years - now it doesn`t...