Hi  

Anybody else having slow connection to emails. Web pages are ok

5 REPLIES 5
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Emails slow connection

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Email.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
EddieB
Grafter

Problem still not resolved

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Yes! Just the last few days, with Apple's Mail. I have a couple of Plusnet email accounts to collect from as well as a .mac address and the Plusnet emails are holding eveything up.
I can check if there's anything important in my .mac account if I log in to iCloud but I cannot log in to Plusnet Webmail, or if I do manage to log in there are error messages, so I can't check those online. Oddly, I just tried Mail on my phone and they did all come through quickly on there. The interesting thing is that yesterday's delay appeared to be from one email with several attachments and the same with two today. I have the phone's mobile data turned off and am connected to my home network via wi-fi, so it's nothing to do with my internet connection.
Quitting and relaunching Mail makes the .mac emails available to read but still doesn't solve the problem with the Plusnet emails.

Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
EddieB
Grafter

Yesterday I timed how long it would take to connect to my emails . It took over a minute. Today it seems a bit quicker, but not as fast as it should be.

EddieB
Grafter

I notice there is still no formal reply from PN about the slow connection to emails