cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails sent using Microsoft Mail not showing in sent folder (including webmail sent folder)

tempesc

Emails sent using Microsoft Mail not showing in sent folder (including webmail sent folder)

I have a new Windows 10 PC.  I set up my plusnet mail account using the standard Microsoft Mail account (not the full Outlook programme that comes with Office 365 as initially I did not have this).  I can see my plusnet inbox and can send emails fine.  However the sent emails disappear sometimes (I am not sure when/why).  Where emails disappear, I cannot see them in my sent folder either in Microsoft Mail or on Webmail when I log in and check.

I know the emails are sending - I can sent test mails to other email accounts using Microsoft Mail and they arrive.  I can also send emails using Webmail and the version of Outlook you get with Office 365 (which I now have) and the sent emails appear in the sent folder.  So it is a specific issue with emails being sent via Microsoft Mail only.

I've spent hours reading and trying things without success.  I cannot find anything in Microsoft Mail that allows me to specify one way or the other whether sent emails should be saved.

How do I fix this?  I sent an important email earlier today but have no record of it, which I need.

Thanks in anticipation, tempesc

2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Emails sent using Microsoft Mail not showing in sent folder (including webmail sent folder)

Hi @tempesc 

A warm welcome to the forums.  If the emails you are sending are really important then find a proper email client!  Win10 Mail is not really fit for purpose.  This is a known issue with Win10 mail, thought to have some interaction with Gmail, but I think I have seen it without reference to a Gmail account.  See Windows 10 Mail App is auto-deleting Sent emails (thewindowsclub.com)

Also there is the issue that Win10 Mail makes up its own mind what the name of the sent items folder is, thus if your IMAP mail server already has a folder for sent emails, there is no assurance that Win10 Mail will use it.  Stick with OUTLOOK 2016.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

tempesc

Re: Emails sent using Microsoft Mail not showing in sent folder (including webmail sent folder)

Thanks - i’ll switch to outlook.