cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails refused by recipient's email - error 554

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Emails refused by recipient's email - error 554

My husband twice tried to send an email to friends in Australia, to whom we send regular emails, which got bounced back with error 554, giving the message
"A message that you sent to the following recipient could not be delivered due to a permanent error. ** The remote server 203.36.172.106 responded with: ** xxxxxxxx@bigpond.net.au 554:Connection refused. See https://senderscore.org. IB114 This message was created automatically by mail delivery software on the server avasout07."

I checked out the link gven, first putting in our connection's IP address, which was 'clean' and then with the Plusnet outgoing server 84.93.230.235, avasout07.plus.net, which showed a recnt increase in volume of traffic and subsequent reduced 'sender score'.

I sent an email to my non-Plusnet address and that went through OK, so it may just be Australia that'a affected!

Anyone know why this is happening (apart from the obvious, as stated).

Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
1 REPLY 1
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Emails refused by recipient's email - error 554

Those volumes do look concerning. Coincides with a spike we saw at one of our sites yesterday. I can't be 100% sure, but suspect we had a few accounts that were spamming. Volumes are closer to normal today, so I expect we'll be off senderscore's naughty list before too long.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵