cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails not synching with Microsoft Mail

fivebar

Emails not synching with Microsoft Mail

As of the last 2 or so weeks my plusnet emails have not been received in a timely manner on my windows mail service. They may synch once a day - or maybe only once every 2 or 3 days. The emails are there because if I log on to webmail I can see them. There is no problem with receiving gmail or outlook emails on the windows mail. Any suggestions?Huh

4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Emails not synching with Microsoft Mail

@fivebar 

A warm welcome to the forums.

"emails have not been received in a timely manner on my windows mail service"

Exactly what product are you referring to?

Which version of Windows?

What mail 'service'?

There are a multitude of set ups you could be using which match that description.  If you are talking about the Win10 inbuilt Mail application ... it is not overly good!  Though it goes under the "Moniker" of "Outlook" it is far from being "proper" Outlook.  Look at the Synch settings for the problem account ... check the Download new content interval.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

fivebar

Yes - Widows 10 and the inbuilt mail - maybe not the best but has worked absolutely fine for years until 2 weeks ago - No settings have been changed. I press synch now and it does - no error message - but the emails don't synch. I know they're there because I can see them in webmail. 2 other email accounts work fine. If I send an email from plusnet email to gmail acc. it appears instantly as you would expect. The other way it may synch the next morning (as today I had some synch OK) or for example I didn't get anything through for 4 days over the Easter weekend. I fail to see how it can be a problem at my end. 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

This has the symptoms of there being an email with a very large attachment.  These can get in the way of downloading other emails.  You said that you can see the emails in Webmail.  I suggest that you check the sizes of the emails therein.

Also see...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4027851/office-email-wont-sync-in-windows-10-mail-app

https://mspoweruser.com/tutorial-how-to-fix-windows-10-mail-app-syncing-issues/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

fivebar

Not any huge attachments - there were 3 of about 1.5MB the rest all quite small. But strangely today it has been working OK - I have had 2 emails come thought as I would have expected - including the one telling me about your post! Perhaps it has magically fixed - just as it went wrong!! Thanks for your help.