cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails not going

Nickelarse
Dabbler

Emails not going

I keep getting the message that my emails can't be sent as they are being rejected by the server.
It's the same for several email destinations so can only be at the plus met server. Any clues, is this maintenance work we don't know about?
12 REPLIES 12
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Emails not going

Email is working OK for me (both in and out).
When you try to send do you get a pop-up message mentioning spam or virus and displaying a seemingly random string?
Second possibility is that the sender/reply to address does not exist. If you are using webmail have you checked that your identity is set correctly in Personal Settings->Identities tab? If you need to change it make sure you click "save" after making the change.
David
dabow
Rising Star

I'm having the same problem today. Can't send any emails even to myself. I don't seem  to have received any either !!?Huh
dabow
Rising Star

Mine is back to normal now.
pmarti22
Grafter

Same here.  Cannot send via my iPhone on iOS 8.4.  Gives error user name or password for relay.plus.net is incorrect.  I know it is correct, but tried it again to be sure, and nothing.  Receives OK, just cannot send.  Webmail works fine.
pmarti22
Grafter

Update.  Now connection timeouts to the server and not known errors.
pmarti22
Grafter

Now back working about 8pm last night all by itself........
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@Nickelarse,
A warm welcome to the forums.
Can you tell us a little more about your problem?  Are you a new customer?  Is your service fully set up yet?  New users cannot access the SMTP server (the part of the email service which sends emails) until the account is active.  Similarly a user who has a dormant account and is not paying a subscription cannot user PlusNet's SMTP server to send emails.
If your account is fully active, are you encountering this problem when NOT connected via your PlusNet service?  In such situations, you need to configure the SMTP service to use "authentication" when connecting and to connect on port 587, not 25.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

narrowgauge
Hooked

I've had this problem since yesterday (Friday) afternoon. In my case it seems to be linked with using Office 365 or Office 2016 Preview.
This is the error message: Task 'Plus - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC13) : 'Cannot connect to the network. Verify your network connection or modem.'
Nothing on my system has been altered. I've rebooted the router and tried creating a new profile.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@narrowgauge,
It is more than likely that you have quite a different problem.  One should never take error messages at face value.  I take it that you can otherwise connect to the internet and it is just outlook giving this error message?  In which case there nothing wrong with your internet connection, rather outlook is giving you a misleading error message.
You need to check the details of the email account connection, specifically SSL settings and port numbers.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

narrowgauge
Hooked

I didn't think there was anything wrong with my internet connection despite what the error message said. I was just reporting the error message that I received in respect to trying to send emails with Outlook as that is all that I have to go on. I thought someone might find it useful.
The email account is configured the same now as it was yesterday before I started to have this problem. (And I have tried it with two existing accounts and a new one set up to eliminate the others as source(s) of the problem.)
dick:quote
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Given that you have changed OUTLOOK, there is some possibility that your AV / Firewall software is not permitting THAT VERSION to connet to the internet.  That scenario would result in what you are experiencing.

wisty
Pro
Fixes: 8

Quote from: narrowgauge
Office 365 or Office 2016 Preview error message: Task 'Plus - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC13) : 'Cannot connect to the network. Verify your network connection or modem.'

These are the symptoms being reported fairly widely after upgrading to Windows 10. See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/cannot-send-after-windows-10-upgrade.
The so,ution is to run SCF /scannow in an administrative prompt and reboot after it recreates some files.