Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails not getting through to Thunderbird In Boxes

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Emails not getting through to Thunderbird In Boxes

We use various PN email accounts that are directed to their own individual in boxes. Sometime in the last fortmight I decided to check PN Webmail and found that a dozen emails for one of the accounts were sitting there, despite my habit of instructing Thunderbird to down load the account's emails.
Today I logged on to another account, as I had done very recently, and 39 emails appeared, which were dated from early April.
Other accounts, identically set up, have not been affected.
Can anyone explain and advise?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
1 REPLY 1
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Emails not getting through to Thunderbird In Boxes

Quote from: lucerne
Can anyone explain and advise?

Sounds to me like it's probably due to one of the following:

• You don't have the account set up in Thunderbird or the account settings have somehow become corrupt (deleting/recreating the account in Thunderbird should fix that).
  • Those two accounts are configured in Thunderbird to 'leave a copy of the message on the server' - are they messages that have already been downloaded by Thunderbird? (I'm guessing not).
  • Those two accounts are configured in Thunderbird to poll the servers using IMAP instead of POP3 - again, are they messages that have already been downloaded by Thunderbird?
  • The messages in Webmail are not in the inbox and instead are in a custom folder, if that's the case then Thunderbird will not download them over POP3.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵