cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails not being received

octxe01
Hooked

Emails not being received

I use Thunderbird for my PlusNet account. Occasionally, a few emails do not arrive. I know this because, as a backup email system, I use Hotmail via Outlook and have also set up my PlusNet address as a folder. The missing ones do end up there. I have no trouble forwarding them from Hotmail on to my PlusNet address - don't ask why:I just like to keep some things separate. The missing emails do not end up in the Thunderbird Junk folder. Anyone got any ideas? It does not happen very often. Restating Thunderbird does not find the missing ones . 

6 REPLIES 6
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Emails not being received

Is Thunderbird configured to use IMAP or POP3? If IMAP, do the emails appear when checking Webmail? If they do, then it suggests an issue specific to Thunderbird. If this is the case then the first thing I'd look to do is delete and reconfigure the account in Thunderbird.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

octxe01
Hooked

It's POP3

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

When setting up the account using Hotmail/Outlook, is there an option to leave messages on the server? If there is, and you don't have it enabled, then that would lead to the symptoms you describe:

outlook.JPG

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

octxe01
Hooked

Have checked and option is enabled.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Only other thing I can suggest is deleting/recreating the account in Thunderbird. You're going to lose all of your locally stored email/folder hierarchy if you do though, so it would be wise to make sure all of the email you want is still on the Plusnet server/in Webmail before hand.

An alternative would be to configure Thunderbird to collect your Hotmail/Outlook email seeing as that seems to work?.

Final option would be to put up with it considering it doesn't happen that often Wink

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

octxe01
Hooked

ok I'll just leave it unless it gets worse.

Thanks for looking.