Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails not being received on android phone

FIXED
Sam8
Hooked

Emails not being received on android phone

I have been receiving emails on my android phone for years with no problems.

Suddenly since 10th June I haven't been receiving emails on the phone?

Nothing has changed in setup.

I have everything still setup from the beginning with email address/username/password.syncing, etc.

I have INCOMING as:   mail.plus.net with PORT: 143      (used from day 1)

I have OUTGOING as: relay.plus.net with PORT: 587     (        ditto           )

If nothing has changed on my phone, has something changed at Plusnet?

Any help please. Thankyou.

3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Emails not being received on android phone

Fix
Hi Sam,

A warm welcome to the forums.

Certainly nothing has happened at Plusnet. But there is every chance that something has happened on your phone, such as a system or application update.

What email application are you using? Try changing the IMAP settings to use encryption - port 993 with SSL/TLS.

Is the email account a Plusnet account or a legacy brand?

How do you know that there are new emails to be read? Are you looking at the same mailbox on another client?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Sam8
Hooked

Hi Townman,

Thanks so much - you solved my problem; now working fine and yes, Plusnet account.

I changed Incoming server to Security type: SSL which automatically changed PORT to: 993 and then sent a test email fom my computer and it received fine on my mobile.

Before, emails came to both my computer and mobile - so when out and about I would receive emails on the phone (as well as back home when I switched my system on). Phone now says last synced: 20 June - so all ok.

Samsung email application on the phone.

Thanks again, Sam

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi Sam,

Thank you for confirmation that this fixed things got you. That will help others solve their problems as well.

I infer that the email application has been updated and is refusing to work over unencrypted connections … but not informing users of the change. We’ve seen this before with MACs.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.