cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails have vanished.

vanwinkle

Emails have vanished.

Was trying to print an email and I left my phone for a moment and all of the emails in both the trash and inbox have gone. Is there any way I can get these back? 

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Emails have vanished.

Hi @vanwinkie and welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear your emails have gone missing. Can I just confirm, is this over a email client or did it happen whilst on webmail?

If email client then can I ask, was the client set up as a IMAP or POP3? If IMAP then I'd advise logging into webmail if you haven't already here to see if the emails are still server side. Some POP3 set-ups can have delays on removing emails from the service side so it still made be worth logging in and checking if that case also.
Another thing I'd suggest if you haven't already is closing the app completely/turning off the phone and re-opening it to see if the client was stuck in a particular view etc...

If it happened on webmail please let us know and we can enquire if anything can be done on the back end of things to help.

Let us know how it goes.

ipmdfm

Hi,

mine have done the same, apparently my mailbox was overlimit and they have been warning me, the emails however had been sent to an email ending .net, not .com so I hadn't received any. now waiting for them to put them back

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @ipmdfm, I've passed this to my colleague @MatthewWheeler and he's submitted the unarchive request now. Any archived emails should drop down within a couple of hours. Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
vanwinkle

Just checked through webmail and the only ones that are there are recent ones from after the other ones went

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @vanwinkle

I can't see any record of any activity taking place in terms of the your email via your account.

Could you please confirm that the inbox/trash is missing on multiple devices and that the deleted items folder doesn't contain the missing items?

Thanks,

Dave

sharonlm76

Ben, my emails have also vanished, cannot see them on my phone or pc, don't use webmail, had no notification of mailbox being too large. If they have been archived can you retrieve and restore to my mailboxes pls. There are urgent mails that have disappeared, I can only see msgs from today!
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @sharonlm76,

I can confirm that your emails have been archived, as per the ticket here (this has also been sent as an email.)

I've passed this to my colleague to submit the unarchive request and your emails should be restored within the next few hours. Please delete enough emails to bring your total mailbox size below 1GB to stop the emails from being archived again.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team