cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails have been deleted!

mikebruce

Emails have been deleted!

Hi all,

I logged in yesterday (19/01/17) and then this morning (20/01/17) to find that my complete inbox on webmail has been deleted.........can someone @plusnet please explain how I can get my emails back! I have been a Plunet customer for 12 years now and only use webmail!

Many thanks,

Mike

8 REPLIES 8
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Emails have been deleted!

Hi Mike,

Nothing's happened this side to my knowledge that would have resulted in your mail being deleted (unless you were over storage allocation and it's been archived).

Have you received any messages of late about having too much email in your mailbox?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Sarabee
Hooked

I have the same thing. Its like a creeping death. All disappeared yesterday. All disappeared when ipad synced. Just logged onto phone and watched them all disappear. I have holiday in a few days and only have flight on email. Help plusnet please.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Have you only recently set the iPad up?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

mikebruce

Thanks for the reply.

I have not had any email about being over storage, in fact last week (before this happened) I had a clean out of my mailbox.

If it has been archived, how do I find this out?

Thanks in advance.

MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

May not be this, but try one of these

If you cannot find some of your folders, then click 'Personal Settings', select the 'Folders' tab, and make sure there’s a tick next to the folders you're looking for.

If your 'Sent' folder is empty, then click 'Personal Settings', select 'Special Folders' on the left, and check that the correct folder is selected next to the 'sent' option.
underthehill

Hi,

Yesterday afternoon our plusnet mailbox was completely wiped and all associated folders. We didn't delete the mail and PlusNet Customer Support this morning affirmed that they did not delete the email / folders either.

This is a mystery and the only solution to our problem is for PlusNet to attempt to restore the contents of the mail box and folders by referring to an earlier taken snapshot.

Looks like we are not alone in the mysterious email deletion issue.

DMT

MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

http://www.trickyways.com/2014/01/delete-emails-server-download-delete-iphone-ipad/

Worth checking this, if it all went just after you synced on iPad did you have the advanced setting on for delete mails from server?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi guys, have a read of my reply here.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team