Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails from webmail disappear and come back

GioC
Grafter

Emails from webmail disappear and come back

Hi guys,

I have a strange situation going on with my emails and can't figure it out.

I access my webmail via my PC and also Android device and I would say 9 out of 10 times, the webmail box shows as empty on the pc, so I try via the Android phone and the same.

Sometimes (1 out of 10), they suddenly appear on the phone, and when they do, they also appear on the computer also.

This is telling me that it is somehow a server 'fetch' issue as I am guessing the problem lays more with that and not a device issue.

I spoke to plusnet support, last week and they said that someone would look into it and get back.

Normally this is fine but as Chrome has reported a password compromise with a certain account, I am changing the passwords it thinks have been compromised and they are tied into this email address, which can make changing some very difficult when I cant get to the notifications.

Please would it be possible to check out the server for this account as it does seem to be playing up.

Support did mention that it doesn't look like a space issue.
4 REPLIES 4
GioC
Grafter

Re: Emails from webmail disappear and come back

Here are the 2 error messages on my computer.

"failed to reach server" is when trying to download, and the second was when trying to delete... Sorry, I never grabbed the "fetch" error but will try.

On my mobile device, it just shows an empty folder and trying to view the messages. Like stated in previous post, when it works on the pc, it also works on the phone.

*edit* - Also managed to grab the error with the "fetch" command, so added that also...

I hope this may help shed any light on what is happening...

Thank you for your time..

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

I see you found the slow webmail topic.  Did that fix THIS issue?  Those error messages are not like ones I've seen reported before.

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

GioC
Grafter

@Townman - It is still sporadic but less so which is interesting. That could also be as the refresh time has been drastically cut down.

That said, my Android device is still showing that there are no emails on the server. Both devices were fine, but lately I started having this issue at the same time on both and now just Android phone. No settings have changed, it can access the server webmail, it is just showing the folder as empty.

Of course, this could be misleading as maybe later, the pc may start doing the same thing again. I will add to this a little later.

Steve3250

Hi

I have exactly the same problems.

Did you get this resolved?  It has now got so bad on my android phone that I have to turn off email auto update as it used over 500MB of data in one day clearing and refreshing my inboxes!

Thanks in advance.

Steve