cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails from Twitter

robteifi
Hooked

Emails from Twitter

Is Plusnet blocking emails from Twitter? I've had several notifications on my Twitter feed that are normally accompanied by an email to my Plusnet account. However, I've not seen a single email from Twitter for 2 days. Other emails have come through though

10 REPLIES 10
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Emails from Twitter

Hi, no we don't knowingly block those, have you checked your spam, trash and deleted items folders to make sure they haven't captured them incorrectly?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
robteifi
Hooked

Nothing in my spam folder that's recent.

It seems that the same applies to Facebook emails - very odd.

... ah, my email is redirected from my own domain email, guessing it may be there, I'll check tomorrow

DeeCee73
Dabbler

I have noticed the same issue. I have my own domain name which I forward emails from, and for the past coupe of days I am missing a lot of new email - Twitter, Amazon, Ebay. It's completely random what arrives and what doesn't.

I have repointed the domain name email to another email address and I have started to receive any new messages sent. I would have suspected a redirection issue at my domain name provider if I hadn't noticed someone else reporting the same issue.

I'm going to have to stop using Plusnet mail at this rate.

robteifi
Hooked

It seems that some emails are being forwarded okay, but still nothing from Twitter or Facebook - Facebook messages are showing a 550: SPF validation failed in the mail logs

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Who's doing the domain forwarding? That 550 error suggests they're not correctly rewriting the mail headers using SRS.

SPF failures aren't good when is comes to a receiving mail server deciding whether or not it's going to accept a message.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

robteifi
Hooked

I'll try to find out how it's done tomorrow.

Has something changed at Plusnet's end recently though? There never used to be this problem for me

eskbanker

PN have introduced SPF validation this week, which is rejecting most of my emails as they're forwarded from another domain, similar to some of the above posters.  PN's response is essentially "tough, the domain provider should be forwarding in an SPF compliant manner", and in response to the question of intermittency, it's apparently just that not all emails are being checked!

robteifi
Hooked

I'll try turning off the spam filtering to see if that fixes it (in up to 48 hours!)

robteifi
Hooked

Turning off the spam filter allowed Twitter, Facebook and Amazon emails through - phew!

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@robteifi wrote:

Has something changed at Plusnet's end recently though?

Have a read of my posts in the thread here.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵