cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails blocked

GarryT

Emails blocked

My totalise email address has been blocked since 3rd June. I reported it by telephone on 8th June and was informed it had been blocked because of possible suspicious activity and I would be contacted within 3 to 5 days with a default password with which I would be able to access my emails. I would then have to secure my account with a more robust password. It is now 17th June and nobody has contacted me. I have other email accounts that I am using but certain companies and organisations only contact me on the totalise account. My experience is that Plusnet are OK until something goes wrong and then their customer service is appalling.

4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Emails blocked

Hi @GarryT 

A warm welcome to the forums.  Indeed staff are stretched at the moment as they are working with significantly reduced numbers, due to many isolating for CV-19

I would have expected that the approach here should have been to advise you to go to your account in the user portal and resent the account or mailbox password.  Certainly with most of the Plusnet family brands, that is how platform abuse is dealt with.  When Plusnet applies security measures, only the email password is change, leaving the account password unchanged - that allows the user to still access the account.

The user changing the account password also changes the password of the DEFAULT email address.  Secondary email address passwords should be changed via the manage my mail interface.  NEVER use the same password again, for that simply opens up the mailbox to abuse again.  If you have used the same email address / password combination elsewhere (Amazon, Netflix, your bank ... etc) then it is IMPERATIVE that you go change the password there too.

I have asked for confirmation that the same approach is applicable for totalise users.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

GarryT

Thank you for your advice. I logged in to my Plusnet account today and changed my password. I then went to 'manage my emails' and there was no option to change my email password just the opportunity to set up a new mail box. I still cannot access my totalise emails.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

If you have a default email address on your Plusnet account, it’s password will be reset by changing the account password.

I do not know where totalise domain email management is to be found. The SUs recently sought information on how the different environments are managed - totalise was not included in that list. I have requested additional information.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

GarryT

Thank you for at least taking the trouble to assist. Totalise was my original isp and it was subsequently purchased by Madasafish which then of course became acquired by Plusnet. Perhaps there are so few of us left with totalise email addresses now that they have forgotten about us.