cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails being delivered to wrong account

chrisco
Grafter

Emails being delivered to wrong account

I am using Outlook 2003 with OS Windows 7. I have set up 2 accounts  - mine being the default, but mail for both accounts is being delivered to my mail box but nothing goes to the other.  I have checked webmail & mail is being delivered correctly to those mail boxes. I have deleted both the Outlook accounts & set them up again using new passwords, all the settings are correct (followed to the letter from the email set up guide on Plusnet) the Outlook test messages work  - but as I said I get them both. This all seems to have coincided with the recent email outage. Is anyone having the same problem &/or can anyone offer a solution  Huh
4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Emails being delivered to wrong account

Have you checked using webmail (before collecting the mail using Outlook) to confirm which mailbox incoming messages are in? That would indicate whether the problem is at the Plusnet end or whether the outage has upset something at your end.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
chrisco
Grafter

Hi Jelv
The messages are showing in the correct mailboxes in webmail it's just Outlook I have the problem with.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

In that case I assume Outlook is set to collect mail from both mailboxes, and it goes into one Inbox on your computer. If it is correct that mail should be collected from both mailboxes a message rule needs to be set up to ensure Outlook moves messages from the different mailboxes to appropriate folders.
David
chrisco
Grafter

Thanks for your replies, all sorted. Smiley