cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails archived again, even though we have deleted most

fordgould

Emails archived again, even though we have deleted most

I have deleted the great majority of emails from one of my 4 email addresses as I was over the 1GB limit, you are still saying I had 286MB in that address even though I had cut it to less than 100 emails and have archived it again.  I am not sure what else I can do.  Is there some emails that are stored that I can't access?

5 REPLIES 5
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Emails archived again, even though we have deleted most

Remember that the trash folder counts towards your usage. Having deleted items you need to then empty the trash folder.

There is also the sent folder to examine.

The habit of sharing photos via email can very quickly gobble up 1G of storage. 100 emails having a 10M+ image attached will see off 1G.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

fordgould

Can you unarchive these emails and we will try again.  We cleared the trash and there are very few emails with photos.  I have tried phoning the helpline several times and have got cut off each time I get through, the chat is down so this seems to be my only way to get to plusnet at the moment

Thank you

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for your post @fordgould

At this moment in time, none of your e-mails are archived.

The contact you received was advising you that you had used over 75% of your mailbox capacity.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
fordgould

As of 25 September, you had archived 280MB of emails from the  [Removed] email.  I have been away and this is the first time I have been able to contact you.  Please reinstate them so that we can try again to cut these down.

Thank you

Moderators Note: Personal information removed

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us @fordgould.

I've requested this for you and it should be done shortly

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team