Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails and folders vanished

FIXED
cycleboy57
Dabbler

Emails and folders vanished

Some weeks ago I logged into Webmail to discover that ALL my saved emails had vanished.  While I can understand there could be archiving going on, ALL the folders I'd carefully set up also vanished.  I tried contacting Plusnet but the website said that on-line Chat was blocked by Firefox and, try as I might, I could not unblock it.  I also tried phoning your much vaunted telephone service.  Many times.  But never held on long enough to get through (I have to sleep sometime!)

7 REPLIES 7
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Emails and folders vanished

Fix

Sorry to hear this.

I've requested that your e-mails be unarchived and this should go through in the next couple of hours or so.

Let us know if this doesn't restore the folders

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
cycleboy57
Dabbler

Many thanks.  The folders are back!

However, this does raise a number of questions:

1) I'm assuming there is a limit to my storage space.  Is there any way I can see how much space I have used/left?

2) When a user is reaching their limit, shouldn't they be informed of the fact, to allow them to store them elsewhere?

3) How can I store my emails elsewhere?  I see there is a download option under the 'More actions' icon.  Can I do a bulk download, or does it have to be one-by-one?  (I have simply used the webmsil access and not an email programme.  I will investigate getting Thunderbird to take copies.)

4) When you archive, can't you leave the folder structure intact?

Thanks, Mark

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @cycleboy57,

The mailbox storage limit has 1000MB, in the bottom left hand corner of web-mail click on the gear and select manage folders. You can then select the folder you wish to view the size of then click information and click to get folder size. This will display how much is space this folder is taking up.

When the mailbox reaches 75% full a notification is sent such as this one on the ticket on your account. You can download an entire page of mail by clicking the icon to the left of subject and clicking all but it is usually a lot easier to store everything locally through a mail client.

The folder structure is usually in tact when the mail is unarchived/archived. I would recommend going into the gear icon in the bottom left and ensuring each folder you had is enabled by putting a tick in the check box.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
cycleboy57
Dabbler

Hi Jubby.  Thanks for the reply.

The mailbox storage limit has 1000MB, in the bottom left hand corner of web-mail click on the gear and select manage folders. You can then select the folder you wish to view the size of then click information and click to get folder size. This will display how much is space this folder is taking up.

Thanks for that, I'd not have found that function without guidance.

When the mailbox reaches 75% full a notification is sent such as this one on the ticket on your account.

That 'Ticket' link leads me to a page that just tells there's been an error.  Are these 'tickets' sent to my Inbox, or do I have to access them via the Member's Centre?

You can download an entire page of mail by clicking the icon to the left of subject and clicking all but it is usually a lot easier to store everything locally through a mail client.

I tried that the other day, but it just sat there for a long while then told me there was an error.  Perhaps it was too much?

The folder structure is usually in tact when the mail is unarchived/archived. I would recommend going into the gear icon in the bottom left and ensuring each folder you had is enabled by putting a tick in the check box.

All the tick-boxes are currently checked.  I don't know if they were checked before, but I haven't done anything myself.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, re the link you're having problems viewing you might want to try going to www.plus.net and make sure you're logged in first. 

If the connection is hanging when trying to download a full page of mail it may be causing it to timeout so you might want to try selecting fewer messges at a time. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
cycleboy57
Dabbler

re the link you're having problems viewing you might want to try going to www.plus.net and make sure you're logged in first.

Puzzled by this one.  Logged in or not, I'm still getting:

There was an error

We were unable to access your ticket information.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @cycleboy57,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Have you been able to try logging into the site using another device or web browser?

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team