Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails Rejected

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Emails Rejected

I make minimal use of my own Plusnet email account but one of my referrals reports that someone who is trying to send her emails often faces rejection thus:
Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

mxxxxxx@axxxxxx.plus.com
A problem occurred during the delivery of this message to this e-mail address. Try sending this message again. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.

The following organization rejected your message: mx.avasin.plus.net.

I have stared very hard at the actual address being used and cannot detect any misprints.  And emails are coming in on this address.  Any thoughts as to what the problem might be? 
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Emails Rejected

Isn't that message accompanied by a code explaining why the Cloudmarks have rejected it? It looks like the sending mail server might have a poor reputation. Do you know the identity of the sending mail server?
David
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Unfortunately all the data I have is reproduced above - a cut and paste from the 'bounce' email that was a sent in a message to an alternate email address.  I did wonder if it was an email sender reputation issue - but the alternate email was to a BT address and BT seem fairly rigorous.  In fact do BT and Plusnet apply the same criteria for rejecting suspect emails or are they independent? 
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Sorry I've no idea what checks BT apply to incoming mail. In fact do Yahoo provide that service for them?
David