cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email

greshoff
Grafter

Email

I recently moved to Plusnet from Be. Does one get an email address automatically? If what would my email address be?
8 REPLIES 8
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Email

You don't get a Plusnet email address by default unless you requested one during sign-up.
To set one up you need to login into the Member Centre and go to Manage My Mail and define a mailboxname of your choice. Your email address will then be mailboxname@username.plus.com where mailboxname is the name you just defined and username is your account username (the one you entered to login to the Member Centre).
Once email has been set up you can if you wish set-up additional mailboxnames (eg anothermailboxname) which will have the address anothermailboxname@username.plus.com but to access these you log in with "username+anothermailboxname" and the password defined for that mailbox.
Logging into Webmail provides a convenient way to verify you've got the hang of this.
David
greshoff
Grafter

I have tried the  Manage My Mail link you provided but it says I cannot access this page:
If you are an existing customer
Unfortunately, this feature is not available with your current account. To raise any queries and to upgrade your account, please use the Contact Us tool here at the Portal
If you have recently joined PlusNet
It may take up to 30 minutes until you can access this feature of your account. Please try again later. Go back
How do I set up my email address?
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Are you in the process of migrating your broadband from Be or has migration completed? If still migrating you won't to able to set-up a mailbox through the Member Centre until migration is complete.
If migration is complete it looks like Support need to add the email component to your account.
David
greshoff
Grafter

Yes migration of broadband completed about 2 weeks ago and phone line today. Is the email service included in what I am paying for or is there additional cost?
Thanks
spraxyt
Resting Legend

As a fellow customer I have no idea what product you are on. However I assume it's Broadband Essentials or Unlimited (with or without fibre) and with those you should have email at no extra cost. Since Manage My Mail won't allow you to set up your first mailbox it looks like the component might be incorrectly set-up on your account.
You could give support a call on 0800 432 0200 (which might involve hanging on for a while) or raise a ticket via Contact Us (or this link) mentioning the error you got when you tried to use Manage My Mail.
David
David
greshoff
Grafter

Thanks for the links, I have sent a question about this to Plusnet and will wait for their response
gofaster
Rising Star

In a recent post http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,124149.msg1077937.html#msg1077937  Bob Pullen says that you can set up your email be visiting https://email.plus.net
greshoff
Grafter

Email now set up and working OK