cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email using Outlook when overseas

mhayes
Grafter

Re: Email using Outlook when overseas

All domains are hosted by the same entity with the exception of my main address which is an alias based in New York. 
All email services were 100% operational when I was connected to PN in the UK.  It only started to go wrong when I tried to send traffic from Mexico.
As I said the problem with the .co.uk domain is not really that serious.  It has just become a challenge.  It is like moving from 100% service to 98% service and it may not be worth fighting over.  I certainly don't want to trouble others on that front unless my curiosity is shared.
with my thanks,

Michael
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I can only speculate since we don't know what checks the Cloudmark anti-spam appliances make when relaying mail from a non-Plusnet coonection. However I wonder if a recipient domain MX record is required and the odd-ball doesn't have one? In this case mail transport falls back to use an A record but verifying that might be too complex for a quick check.
As I said speculation but…
David
David
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@mhayes - for the email address you can't send with, change Outlook's outgoing server authentication to use your main Plusnet log-in details instead of whatever it's set to now.