Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email to plusnet accounts not working!

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Email to plusnet accounts not working!

I cannot download mails to my plusnet mail account.  It gets as far as saying 'downloadin 1 of3'  then times out or just gets disconnected.

Trying webmail I get 'Service unavailable'

Waited patiently for 30 mins on the phone (15 min wait time advised!) listening to very loud and distorted music(?).  Gave up to get headache tablets.

Currently 40 mins in 'chat' queue and up to No. 7

Mail to my external accounts is working fine.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

2 REPLIES 2
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Email to plusnet accounts not working!

Update:  Just concluded 'Chat'  - L****  suggests it is an 'intermittent problem, not affecting all users.  No Service Status needed?  Development team working on it as a 'priority'.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ClashingTitans
Dabbler

Re: Email to plusnet accounts not working!

Really sorry to hear this. I'm in disbelief about the way Plusnet is handling the problem. It IS a known issue, (which they have sort of admitted to you and also to me), and it is NOT intermittent. Just shows that each person at Customer Service gives a different story. It has been going on for months, but especially in the past two weeks. I have now written to Plusnet, Why can't they just be honest and admit the problem on Service Status?

https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/E-Mail-Problem-a-known-issue-Then-please-tell-us/m-p/1377151