cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email to one Plusnet customer not being recieved, but another recieves fine?!?

suec45
Grafter

Email to one Plusnet customer not being recieved, but another recieves fine?!?

Hi,  We are on Plusnet and so is my friend Phil.  He has not been recieving sent emails from cetain contacts, so I took a look at his PC.  All seemed to be fine, we turned off Norton Anti Spam and asked each of the 3 people who he has problems with to send identical emails to both me and him.
One  of the senders is a @Btinternet one a @hotmail and one a @sky.com.
The Sky one got through to both of us, but the BT one didnt get through to him, but did to me?  I checked his 'webmail account and surely enough the btinternet one is not even in there.  I checked the trash etc, not there.
I have not changed any settings on either account, mine or his, although I am a customer of about 6 years, him about 3 years.
Could it be the spam filter on plusnets email causing this?
WHy should I recieve these fine but his not even get to his webmail?  There is no spaminbox on the webmail that I can see so how can we 'train' it to allow these legit emails in?
thanks
Sue
1 REPLY 1
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Email to one Plusnet customer not being recieved, but another recieves fine?!?

The Spam folder needs to be "subscribed to" to show in SquirrelMail's folder list. Has that been done?
To check this go into SquirrelMail and click Folders on the top menu; the Unsubscribe/Subscribe list is at the bottom.
David