cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email service to killed off permanently

MFredericks
Dabbler

Re: Email service to killed off permanently

What exactly are you asking? What are you taking to the regulators? If you could explain what it is you want explained then someone may be able to help you...

bluewhale
Rising Star

@MFredericks yeah sorry i have difficulty communicating it seems, so it seems to me that some people were offered compensation for the data breach that happened, it seems to me that everyone should have been offered this and so all forms of communication should have been used, it looks like that wasn't done, i don't think i was offered this as i am pretty sure i would have taken it up and so i believe i am now owed equivalent compensation

MFredericks
Dabbler

It is possible to make a data breach claim for compensation but you must be able to provide evidence that you have suffered damages and stress as a result of the data breach. The current period for making a data breach claim is 6 years, 1 year if it involves a breach of Human Rights.

So something in 2007 is outside the 6 year period.

bluewhale
Rising Star

@MFredericks going to let it go, as really not very well, doubt i'm going to make it to the end of the year, no real loss though.

think it's pretty poor customer service that plusnet chose to give some this and others not if that was the case

FAILSAFE01
Rising Star

I have an email from the high level complaints team and they have advised me to move to another email service but I've removed his name from the copy and paste below for confidentiality reasons:

--------------------------------------

Your case has been escalated to the Plusnet High Level Escalation team, my name is xxxxxxx and I am your case handler, I will manage this for you and will be the point of contact of this case. The case will only be closed once you are happy with any outcome.

Complaints such as yours help to make our company better, and help us to improve our practices and provide a better customer experience. We take all of your comments into the highest consideration, making sure that we learn from the mistakes we've made to bring you the best in future.

I am sorry that you have had to raise a complaint on your account in relation to the webmail service.

I am really sorry to hear that you are having issues with the webmail platform.

The issue with our webmail servers is an ongoing and dynamic situation. It is linked to the amount of users at any given time and these are hard to predict, this is why it works sometimes and not others. This is not a quick fix issue and could take years to become fully resolved.

Our engineers are constantly making small amendments to the servers configuration and these generally improve it in the short term but the long term fix is not so easy.

If your Plusnet email address is your main one or is one that is important to you then we would strongly suggest that you look at moving to alternative email provider such as a Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook etc. I would also recommend that you download any important emails stored on our servers to a local machine or to your new email provider to limit any possible loss of those emails.

--------------------------------

dirpluscom
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

On balance, I would guess that you have made up this reply.

I say that because 5 years ago you said this:

" I think I will start removing any dependency on PN webmail  (something I should have thought about ages ago) and then shift my phone/broadband elsewhere. If they cannot do basic IT planning , then what is the risk to the other services being provided. Personally , I cannot afford to take that risk anymore ."

Yet here we are, 5 years later - after many complaints from you about the email service - and you are still here.

Why someone would spend their life complaining about something, but doing nothing about it (like clearing off and going to e.g. Zen) is beyond me.

I'm not happy with the way Plus have dealt with the latest email outage, but I have stayed over 10 years with them because, overall, the service has been excellent - and hopefully it stays that way.