Fixes: 3

Re: Email server problem?

still getting intermittently yesterday and today. obviously not properly fixed
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

We're on it. Service Status on its way ...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

coastergrotto
Grafter

I'm having problems too.  Just read the Service Status, thanks Bob.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

My phone's picking up mail ok Angry but not my PC Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
geoffg1
Grafter

Just bought tyres on line. Awaiting email to confirm fitting date/time.
All I get is, "ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server."
When can we expect normal service?Huh
Geoff
Mav
Fixes: 515

Yesterday I had the odd 1 or 2 password requests in Outlook but today (around 5 minutes ago) every mail box requested password authorisation.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Dancer2
Dabbler

Sad ERROR: Connection Dropped by IMAP service...Had this problem since yesterday..
Hope it is sorted very soon.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Oh here's a new one, tried to login "Loading........." ......... ....... and on etc. Stopped the page, refreshed. Tried login again, got a brief glimpse of the Inbox and then message "Your session is invalid or has expired" and back to login page with message still showing. Closed tab, open new tab, message still there. Had to clear cache to get rid of it.
New tab again tried again, just continued Loading....... Closed tab. New tab "Your session is invalid or has expired" appeared before I did anything and the disappeared again. Closed tab.
New tab again, this time I think it said "Couldn't connect to IMAP sever" before it disappeared almost as quickly.
I've left it for 5 minutes and have just logged in successfully, and logged out again.
(I don't know if that sequence of events is of any help or just what was to be expected).
geoffg1
Grafter

I've just been able to log in to my email. Is this going to be an on-going intermittent fault?
Geoff
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

While this is happening I have been getting a few delivery failure notifications for emails forwarded from my work email to my plusnet email with the following notification:
  me@username.plus.com
  #< #5.0.0 SMTP; 550 #5.1.8 Domain of sender address <me@work.com> does not exist> #SMTP#
Could this be related or is it just a coincidence (it normally recognises the senfding domain as valid).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Lynda
Grafter

Me too-it's getting out for me:
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Re: You'll Like These Two !!!', Account: 'Lynda', Server: 'relay.plus.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F
Checked service status and there's no mention of this particular fault. Any updates, please ?
Ta, Lynda~ Sad
RobDickson
Grafter

No problems at the moment with incoming email, but I'm also unable to send using relay.plus.net. It's refusing my connection immediately. I'm connected using PlusNet xDSL.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Lynda - true, the status doesn't specifically mention the outgoing servers, but as it often is the case, when various servers are being rebooted etc. all sorts of things can happen.