Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email send via my email client thrown out, though addressee correct

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Email send via my email client thrown out, though addressee correct

An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:  <j**@**etle*.plus.com> recipient rejected - domain has no delivery address (DNS MX or A record). Please check the message recipient j**@**etle*.plus.com and try again

I got this when sending an email through my client FossaMail. The odd thing is that the address I wrote to is correct; there is another e preceding "etle*", which the error message somehow has not read.

@bobpullen

Actual unadulterated details in PM

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Email send via my email client thrown out, though addressee correct

Does it work if you try sending it again? If it still fails you could try completely deleting the To address, retype it and try yet again.

David
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@Luzern wrote:

Please check the message recipient j**@**etle*.plus.com and try again

The odd thing is that the address I wrote to is correct; there is another e preceding "etle*", which the error message somehow has not read.

Sounds rather like a similar issue I had - hit my head against a brick wall with it for days ... sought Bob's help with it ... only for him to point out a typo in the addressee's domain name! Embarrassed

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

PM received.

Interested to know whether or not this is a permanent issue or simply a one off?

You would be wise to check both the recipient and sender addresses are accurate if it's a permanent problem (in teh latter case though, email to any address would probably fail).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵