cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email seems to be in a failed stae ...

kaspencer
Rising Star

Email seems to be in a failed stae ...

I cannot seem to be able to send emails (email client). There is no response from the mail server.

Yet the status page is reporting that everything, including email, is working.

It has been like this for some time.

I do hope everyone has not sneaked off to bed as I'd like to be able to send my email before I retire.

Kenneth Spencer

4 REPLIES 4
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Email seems to be in a failed stae ...

It looks like one of the alternates for relay.force9.net and relay.plus.net is not responding. See https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/relay-force9-net-seems-to-be-misbehaving/m-p/1586857#M25416

My comment there also applies for the relay.plus.net alternates (which have 107 as their last octet). Possibly a data centre problem.

David
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @kaspencer.

Do you get the same issue if sending an email via webmail?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
kaspencer
Rising Star

Thanks, Lauren.

I did think about trying webmail (and I'm sure it would have worked, being a different server (I think)). But it was getting late and I had already been fiddling around with an email trying to send it, for long enough so I gave up. And the next day, as I had expected, it was working. But I had been hoping there was a duty server-watcher who would do the necessary reboot!

Best wishes,

Kenneth Spencer

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi @kaspencer,

Glad to hear it's all working again. You are correct that web mail uses it's own server settings, so if you can give that a try for us next time, we  can try and locate the source of the issue.