Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email replies...

petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

Email replies...

If a mod thinks this is the wrong place for this, then please feel free...
I use Thunderbird for email; in the days when I used the Microsoft offering (Outlook Express cough! spit!) if it was set up that way, when replying to an incoming mail it would automatically be in blue text (or whatever colour you select. I know its a minor point and a bit of elaboration but I quite liked that but, I have never found a way of doing it in Thunderbird other than highlighting the text and changing it colour after typing each time.
Probably there's an add-on for it somewhere in Mozilla's extensive offerings, anybody know?
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Email replies...

petlew
Pro

Thanks Jim, but I don't think that actually answered my question.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I thought this suggestion did - but then again i don't use Thunderbird
Add this to userContent.css
Change the colour of quoted text in the editor (while composing
emails/news postings)
Add the following to userContent.css
span[_moz_quote=true] {
color: #000000 !important;
}
Where color specifies the colour for the quoted text.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Doesn't clicking on Tools->Options,
selecting the Composition menu and General tab,
then clicking the Text colour button
allow you to select the colour you want?
click OK to save.
You might have to close and restart Thunderbird to activate the changed settings.
David
petlew
Pro

@spraxyt, yes but, that changes the text colour for everything in Thunderbird. I'm looking to change it for reply's only, as is possible in Outlook Express.
e.g. You send an email, you receive a reply to it, you can tell instantly (if they've set it that way, and using html) that the replier is using OE since the text colour of the reply will be blue (usually, or whatever colour they have selected) If you then reply your text colour will automatically be blue (or whichever colour you select)
Its a little embellishment thats possible in OE that doesn't seem to be available in Thunderbird. Or if it is I can't find it.
PS. I know reply's is not the correct English spelling but, I left it uncorrected in this instance.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Ah, I see. I wondered if there was an add-on that would do this. Looks like it could be possible using the SmartTemplate add-on.
Details are in the blog here.
Note: Downloading and installing SmartTemplate was straight forward, and the New, Reply and Forward tabs are present as described in the blog. However I *haven't* tried customising settings.
David