Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email rejected by plusnet relay - spam?

mwerle
Grafter

Email rejected by plusnet relay - spam?

Hi,
Just had an email rejected to be sent. Plaintext to a single recipient, contains a couple of relevant links to (non-spam) websites (Courier Mail in Australia, and Google Maps). How can I get it cleared please, specifically, should I raise a helldesk call?
    SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
    host relay.plus.net [212.159.9.107]: 552 8gAG1p00314dlBl01gAHAi message rejected due to spam or virus. If you believe this is in error please login to your portal or contact your ISP support team.

My mail setup is my own mail-server (exim), which uses "relay.plus.net" as a smarthost, and has worked fine for a number of years up until now.
Thanks,
- Micha.
2 REPLIES 2
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Email rejected by plusnet relay - spam?

Hi Micha,
You need to raise a support ticket explaining the situation and including a copy of that error message.
Alternatively, drop me a PM containing the content of the message you're trying to send (particularly the recipient addresses and hyperlinks) and I'll see if I can get something sorted for you sooner.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

mwerle
Grafter

Re: Email rejected by plusnet relay - spam?

Hey Bob,
Appreciate your offer of help, you have a PM!
Interestingly enough, it's not the hyperlinks - I tried resending a message with the hyperlinks removed, and it still failed.
Cheers,
- Micha.