cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email reference numbers

Grafter

Email reference numbers

For the past couple of weeks I'm getting error messages when downloading emails from PN to desktop Outlook - other messages are fine, but there are now three which cannot be downloaded for some reason, so I want to see what they are using webmail, and delete them from there to stop the attempted download. I have the ref numbers but is there a way for me to see the ref numbers of messages in webmail?

6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Email reference numbers

Why not just go into Plusnet webmail via the Member Centre and delete them there? If you are using POP3 to download immediately before surely anything left in the Inbox are the problem messages?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Grafter

That's what I want to do, but obviously need to see which are the problem emails in webmail from their ref numbers - which I don't know how to see in webmail.I know the numbers from the error, just cant yet identify them in webmail.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Are the reference numbers you refer to in the headers? Webmail will show raw message headers if you highlight a message to display it, then click the small downward pointing triangle bottom-centre of the Subject-From-To-Date block.

David
Grafter

No, not in the headers. Just UID numbers for 3 messages in an error message after download failure. Says to contact my provider. Pn is my email provider but isp is Sky. Is this one for Sky?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Sorry, I'm not aware of any way in Webmail to display message UIDs within a mailbox.

As far as support goes I think this would fall into Plusnet's court since it's an email problem. However if Webmail displays the Inbox contents correctly support beyond that would likely be a reference to this forum.

Since "Outllok" tends to be a generic term used by Microsoft to describe several different email clients which version number is given for the "desktop Outlook" client you are using? Is there any text accompanying the failure message?

David
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Another idea to try is to make a new folder in webmail and temporarily move all inbox emails to that folder. Then move them back into the inbox in small groups at a time and try downloading again. This should help in finding the trio causing issues for you.
That's RPM to you!!