Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email quota?

FIXED
Highlighted
jasa

Email quota?

Hi all,

I'm on the Metronet* email server but it seems like my email quota is only 100 Mb. I only realized this when someone informed me they couldn't send an email because it bounced with the error message that my mailbox is full. I didn't get any warning from Plusnet about the quota being exceeded. After cleaning up my mailbox to take it below 100 Mb emails started slowly coming through again to my inbox from the last few days. Anyone else had this issue with the Metronet email server only offering 100 Mb of storage and with emails silently stop arriving when the quota gets exceeded?

(* Metronet was bought by Plusnet back in 2005)

1 REPLY
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 43

Re: Email quota?

Fix

Hi @jasa,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused you. Each Metronet email address has a hard 100MB limit, which means that the email address ceases to work once it reaches this limit. We don't currently have the facility to notify customers when their Metronet email address is approaching or has reached this limit but I will pass on feedback to see if this is something that we could offer moving forwards.

If you use just one device to access your emails, I'd recommend setting your email address up as a POP3 account on a mail client as this will pull emails from the server as you receive them and so will help stop your mailbox from getting too full. The settings that you'd need for this are here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team