cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email question

crazyken

Email question

why is all my plus.com mail messages also going to google mail and should I be worried about this?
5 REPLIES 5
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Email question

If you gave your Google mail address as a contact email when you signed up then official Plunset communications will normally be copied to this.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
crazyken

I am sure that I have never given my google mail address to plus net as I have never used it. Is there any way I can stop this happening?
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Check how you have configured Google Mail, there are many options in there to pick up from other services.  Wink
Also, when you say "google mail" you don't say what email program/app you are using and on what device(s). That may be a factor.
rbradshaw

Hi everyone,
I have recently bought a Samsung S4 and have conpletely failed to set up an email using my Plusnet email address.  And it is not the fault of the phone as I have also tried with other Samsung S4s and other types of mobile phones.  I have been in contact with Samsung who advised trying to access my email using the gmail app but this means having 2 email addresses which I don't want as it is too confusing.
This is what I did:
1.  my email address.  2.  my password.  3.  username.  4.  incoming server- imap.plus.net  5.  incoming port -143  6.  security - none (which did'nt impress me at all!).  7.  outgoing server - relay.plus.net    8.  outgoing port - 587 or 25.  9.  security - none (not impressed again!).  And it failed every time!
Can anyone help?
Rene
artmo
Aspiring Champion