cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email problems

philipn

Email problems

I have had email problems for months now, and there seems no way of resolving the issue except finding another ISP - which I'm seriously considering. The problem began with no emails coming through for about two days. I contacted Support and was told that I had reached my storage limit, and to only way to solve this was to delete emails. I did this and things began to work ok. However, every few days the same thing happens and I have to keep deleting emails to get things to work. Seems absolutely ridiculous to me, and is certainly not something I intend to keep putting up with.

3 REPLIES 3
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Email problems

Hi @philipn,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused you. Your Madasafish mailbox has a hard limit of 100MB and you will be unable to send or receive emails once this has been exceeded. As you are reaching this limit frequently, I would recommend that you delete more of your old emails to make space for new ones.

Due to advances in technology, the average email takes up more space than when the Madasafish email accounts were launched as they're more likely to include things such as images and attachments that take up extra space. We're unable to increase the mailbox limit above 100MB and, as Madasafish email accounts are legacy products (i.e not something that we can offer to new customers) there are no plans to increase the mailbox size in the future.

It's worth bearing in mind that you can set up a Plusnet email address through your landline/broadband account and this will come with a combined storage limit of 1GB across your emails and mailboxes. You can set up Plusnet email addresses via the member centre here.

Alternatively, you could look into creating an email address through a dedicated email provider as these tend to come with a higher storage limit than ISP email addresses. If you search "free email account" in your chosen search engine it should bring up a number of different options for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
philipn

Thank you for your reply, Emily. The problem still persists, but is not so bad because I now have a gmx email address which I am gradually migrating things across to. I was thinking of finding another isp - although, as I said, things are not too bad now. However, my contract is up shortly and it all depends what my monthly payment will be when it's renewed. Do you have any details on that?

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @philipn,

I have created a ticket on your account to discuss your contract query. Please click here to view my response.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team