cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email oddities.

colintivy
Rising Star

Email oddities.

I have noticed a few weird things in emails which seem to be systematic either in my machine Win 7.+ Firefox or possibly in recipient's kit.
1. Forwarding  images within the text to a number of others seem to be OK except to one in Australia. Could this be an overactive spam/virus blocker with them? The are non-technical so advice may have to be given.
2. I occasionally get emails which seem to contain text and/or images ,but nothing appears, although the address and the rest of the headings are OK, no attachments indicated etc.,
3. At times, when I get an email with a link address that looks entirely good,but clicking it results in no action at all.
Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Email oddities.

Number 2 - I get that on several emails per month. I've complained on here but it seems there's nothing they can do about it.
colintivy
Rising Star

drj,
Thanks, I am glad that I am not alone, which is some comfort. Very often the affected email headings indicate that they  have a large file in them which suggests images rather than just text.
Items 1 & 2 seem to be the same effect except for being reversed.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: colintivy
2. I occasionally get emails which seem to contain text and/or images ,but nothing appears, although the address and the rest of the headings are OK, no attachments indicated etc.,
3. At times, when I get an email with a link address that looks entirely good,but clicking it results in no action at all.

I sometimes get #2 within MS Outlook 2010.
#3 could be the effect of anti-malware / anti-virus / email security tools, also some applications require the CTRL key to be pressed when you try to click on embedded links.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.