cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not working

ajsoft
Hooked

Email not working

Tried emailing into my PN account from a yahoo account. Nothing arriving.

Tried emailing out using PN account to a different address. Not sending ... timing out on PN.

Tried webmail to send an email. Times out there too.

I have changed nothing here in year(s). The only thing that has changed is that this account has been downgraded to "Mail Only" due to PN's inability to support a house move to a FTTP location.

System status says all is working.

8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Email not working

@ajsoft You are not the only one. I noticed that it was taking a while for my various accounts to connect to the servers to receive this morning, although they finally did connect and download, but sending is definitely borked. A call to CS was unhelpful, the agent claiming not to have heard of any problem.

Wonder how many others are affected?

Nothing at all has changed here, and it was all working perfectly at 9PM last night.

John
jetsetjim
Dabbler

sames issue.........not sending only

jab1
Legend

Further to my post above, I have succeeded in sending the two pending mails, but the second one 'stuck' at about 75% sent for nine or ten seconds.

John
jetsetjim
Dabbler

google suggested clearing outlook cache settings

jab1
Legend

@jetsetjim As I don't use outlook, that would be no good for me.Smiley In any case, I clear browser and mail caches before shutting the computer down for the night, and these were the first attempts at sending anything this morning, so I doubt that is the problem - for m, at least.

John
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting in touch.

There aren't any widespread issues that we're aware of.

Are you all still having issues this afternoon?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
mattboam

Is they still a issue with POP? Starting to get emails from last night, but very slow. Just want to make sure I haven't got any issues on my end! Cheers
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @mattboam,

Thank you for getting in touch. I've checked with the relevant team and they've confirmed that there was a widespread server issue that has now been cleared. The emails will come through but will be a bit slower than usual as there's more to move through the system. Please let us know if your emails are still slow to arrive after 24 hours have passed.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team