cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not being received on time

FIXED
g944

Email not being received on time

Hi, my mother in law is having issues receiving emails, she can go all day and receive nothing then receive a whole days email all in one go at night, this is on her android tablet.

I have logged into her webmail to check emails there but they are not loading, the error message is "Server Error: Unable to send command: A0007 FETCH 1:* (UIDBODY.PEEK[HEADER.FIELDS (FROM)])".

I did log into the basic email service and could see todays emails but they are not in a readable format that I could share with her.

Is this a known error with a solution?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Email not being received on time

Fix

Re: webmail, if you follow these instructions it might help with loading the contents on the webmail client:  https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Standard-Webmail-Round-Cube-slow-performance-mitigation/m-p/1715...

As for the first issue, that sounds like a client issue.  Is it set to regularly check if there is email?

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
g944

Thank you, that has fixed the issue with webmail so at least I can ask her to use that now.

The issue with the android tablet has been ongoing for a while, it was certainly receiving emails instantly for many years until recently but they are now coming through at 6am and 9pm which is quite odd.

Unfortunately with the current situation I can't visit to check settings but happy that she can at least use webmail until I can.

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Maybe the client has upgraded and the settings slightly changed?  That does seem to suggest it's only picking up mail at certain times of day!   I can't think of a scenario on our side which would cause that.   Let us know if you find out more though.

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
g944

I’ve just checked and she’s started to receive emails on the tablet now so hopefully this is a longer term fix for that too.

Thanks again.