cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not being delivered

kerrien

Email not being delivered

Not very tech minded, but I've just joined plusnet and emails sent to me from several different accounts are just not being delivered. Joined this forum in the hope of not seeing any problems like this, but here we are. Hope this is not the usual way things are.
I don't understand this 'header' thing and so can't check it out as where the holdups are. Fingers crossed............. Sad
Peter
jim:green Topic split off and title changed mod:end
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Incoming emails delayed by hours

Which email program are you using and are they addressed to your Plusnet email or an older one such as hotmail
kerrien

Re: Email not being delivered

Hi Jim, messages are sent to plusnet acc from several other accounts, including hotmail. I'just had one returned from hotmail with a long list of 'reasoning' which I don't underst though.
Peter
kerrien

Jim, now seen that you ask which program I use, It's Outlook Express. HTH
Peter
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

The first thing to check is if the mailbox is set up properly
If you go to webmail https://webmail.plus.net/src/login.php and see if the email address is there
The address is in the form username+mailbox name so if your username is kerreen and your mailbox name is fred the email address is kerreen+fred and in Outlook Express the Username is kerreen+fred
This would receive all emails for fred@kerreen.plus.com
Have you checked that the email account is set up under Manage my mail here https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=myemail&s=1&redirected=yes&?membermenu=emailsettings
kerrien

Hi Jim, done all that, no mail in the inbox, but went to my emailaccount and typed over all the details and resaved them.
I've just sent myself an email from hotmail and lo and behold, it has arrived!!!  No sign of the previous mail though.
Hope it stays working. Thanks for helping,
Peter