jingarfield
Dabbler

Re: Email log in issue

That does seem to be the game plan.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

That's not what we're trying to do at all guys, the timeline *has* been drafted, it's with the engineers who worked on it for their feedback.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jingarfield
Dabbler

Chris, the incident occurred the best part of a calendar month ago. You told us that a timeline would be released "this week", two weeks ago.
Let's have some specifics - when will PlusNet release details of this incident, and the steps taken to rectify?
MacOS10
Grafter

Well, I for one can't wait to read the report, it's taken that long to write it must surely be the size of War and Peace!
Grin
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

They still have to insert the chapter explaining why it was nobody’s fault.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

MacOS10
Grafter

OK, it's now over a month since the email issues - 32 days to be exact.
Now, I appreciate that we've had Christmas in that time, but surely at least 3 weeks is long enough to compile a brief statement of the events.
Thanks, in anticipation...
Wink
jingarfield
Dabbler

Lips_are_sealed
long-gone
Grafter

I came here originally when a Referral had an email problem (along with a lot of other people) about a month ago.  I saw him again last week and he asked me what had caused it, so I came here again.
PlusNet's urgency in conveying the facts to its customers makes me glad indeed that I am "long-gone".
Perhaps they will employ Andy Coulson now, to say that it never happened.
VileReynard
Hero

You could email Plusnet about it. Don't expect an answer though.

Wheel_nut
Grafter

Since about 15:00 today, when sending/receiving mail using Vista Windows Mail, I have been getting a pop-up box asking for Username and Password. The Send/ Receive fails with the following error:
Account: 'Plusnet - Postmaster', Server: 'mail.plus.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Temporary problem, please try again later', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92
Is this a related issue or should I raise a Ticket?
VileReynard
Hero

Sounds like Microsoft screwed up again (see 2006 article) http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198704  Grin Grin Grin

Wheel_nut
Grafter

Not sure that applies as I am using Vista Mail, not Outlook Express ..... but the problem seems to have gone away!  Undecided
Studio_Two
Grafter

The Problem hasn't entirely gone away for us.
Outlook is now ok (no more pop-up requests for credentials), but STILL can't get into WebMail.
I just got a reply from support, stating there is a problem with WebMail, but it doesn't look that way from the service status page (other than maintenace update for the spam service).
Stephen
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@Studio_Two
Can you let me know a ticket number or PM me the username of the account please? The one associated with your forum username doesn't have any tickets on it and nobody in support has accessed it for many months.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jingarfield
Dabbler

Chris,
Any timetable for the release of the info on the December 2010 email issues?