Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email log in issue

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Email log in issue

imap.plus.net is also down which of course means that webmail is down as well.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
woefulnet

The fact that PN can say the email problem is fixed when it blatantly is not (1302 GMT) shows how incompetent this company's network support staff really are.
Surfer
Grafter

Still not fixed. Now unable to get email for the last 6 hours.  Surely this should have ben fixed by now!
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Works for me Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
mooblie
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I happen to have TWO different accounts at PlusNet.  Get me!  Interestingly, one account works, the other doesn't.  Obviously the fault is localised to some servers and not others.
Surfer
Grafter

BTW I got this in a Newsletter from PlusNet;
Our major news is the launch of our new marketing campaign. You may have noticed it out and about, and we hope you like it. We're advertising on TV, radio, billboards and in most of the national papers championing our strong Yorkshire heritage.
We have a lot to shout about and want to get our Good, Honest Broadband out to as many people as possible. We're very proud of our Yorkshire roots, our excellent service and our commitment to delivering great products at affordable prices. So we thought it was time we shared the Plusnet secret.
You can help us spread the word, and get something from us as a thank you. Why not recommend us to your friends and family through our 'My Referrals' scheme? For everyone you refer you'll get money off each month, as well as the satisfaction of sharing a good thing. It is Christmas, after all!

They want more customers but can't resolve a problem for current customers!  How can it be "honest broadband" when a staff member blatantly lies and tells every one that email is up and running again when it isn't?
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Ours was fixed when PN said it had been, apart from the arrival dates on old emails being wrong in the list view. Looking at the individual emails they are showing the correct time.
Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
Surfer
Grafter

Seems strange that some people still cannot receive email when others can.  What is happening as it is very frustrating?
RobDickson
Grafter

I wondered why I hadn't received any e-mail today.
Not having e-mail is annoying, but why don't those people who consider e-mail to be critical have a backup e-mail account?
Quote from: mikkinnotts
ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.
my emails down to, had some important stuff to send.... any news Plusnet

It's only incoming e-mails that are affected. It appears that there's no problem with outgoing e-mails.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I can't see any emails - it won't even let me in to look at old emails.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

blogs
Dabbler

Still not working here yet - 13:46.
terminal
Grafter

just out of interest, in squirrelmail old emails are showing a date of fri 10:11pm, in roundcube the are all showing the correct dates.
Tigger
Rising Star

Can't see any old e-mail in Squirrelmail - not even yesterdays  Cry
On the other hand, I AM receiving todays! Smiley
Asdagadget

Not at all happy with this. . . . my emails (and what's even worse. . . my wife's emails) are still not available. . . .and it's been like this since early this morning !! Angry
kdiment
Rising Star

Is there any connection with the following Service Status announcement of a couple of days ago, I wonder?
 - Keith
---------------------------
16/12/2010 @ 11:21
What does it affect?
Access to our email platform and Webmail service.
How long will it take?
Up to ten days.
What does the work involve?
We have built a new email storage platform and have reached the point where we need to start migrating customers' email from the old storage platform to the new one.
Am I likely to notice the work?
There will be a short service interruption for each customer as we move their email account across to the new storage platform. This interruption is unlikely to last more than a few seconds but will affect customers ability to log into webmail or send/receive messages via their mail client.
Is there anything else I need to know?
No
Kind Regards,
Joanne Pilson
Customer Support