Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email issues

rooky
Grafter

Email issues

Hey guys 

I’ve had no problem till up to day before yesterday. I know it down to plus net. 

I have a domain at 123 reg always forward emails to plus net past 2 days they have been bounce with 550 errors I know it issue with plus net as when I forward to iCloud it works.  

123 are saying to remove SFP 

10 REPLIES 10
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Email issues

Hi @rooky, I have responded to you over on your Twitter DM.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
peabee

I have had the same issue for the last couple of days - please can I see your reply?

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @peabee, can you please provide some further issues on the issue you are seeing? What errors are you seeing?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
peabee

Exactly the same as @rooky - emails sent to my domain email addresses hosted by 123-reg are being bounced with 550 errors. 123-reg forwards such emails to my PluNet email.

If I use webmail I get an error repsonse e.g.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of
its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es)
failed:

peter@peebee.org.uk:
SMTP error from remote server for RCPT TO command, host: mx0.123-reg.co.uk (94.136.40.154) reason: 550-Callout verification failed:
550 550 #5.1.8 Domain of sender address <> does not exist

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@peabee, thank you for the information and flagging that you have the same issue.

@peabee, @rooky we are in the process of gathering examples of this issue and will get back to you if we require further information.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's Note(s)

Thread moved from Fibre Broadband to Email.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

tatster

My parents have exactly the same issue.

Domain name registered with 123 Reg.

123 Reg email forwarding configured for alias@domain.co.uk forwarding to alias@force9username.force9.co.uk

These are not working, and emails are bounced back with:

550 Callout verification failed: 550 #5.1.8 Domain of sender address <> does not exist

I also have forwarder setup within 123 that forwards to an google based address and that is working correctly, so I concur that this appears to be a Plus net issue.

What is the resolution please ?

Diamond_D

Also having the same problem - no emails since Thursday.  I use a 123Reg Domain email, forwarded to my plusnet email account, has worked fine for 10+ years.   Will log a support ticket with PlusNet and 123Reg tomorrow.

peabee

Mine had also been working fine for 10+ years.... Angry

As a temporary workaround I've found that by using the 123-reg Control Panel to add a 2nd email address (non-PlusNet) to the forwarder, emails start coming through to PlusNet again.

Whether this indicates that the fault lies with 123-Reg or PlusNet I'm unsure - but one or the other has changed something recently thats for sure!!

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hey everyone, we've raised an incident on this (IMT-3671 for reference) and are in the process of collating examples so we can investigate further.

@rooky I have added you to this. @peabee you look to have already been added.

@tatster can you please provide the requested information on the ticket here, @Diamond_D can you please do the same on this ticket here. If you let me know once done I'll get you added to the incident.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team