cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email from a domain getting junked problem, Help.

seanbranagh
Grafter

Email from a domain getting junked problem, Help.

I have many domains hosted on my VPS with Eukhost running Virtualmin. Many of those have email accounts and they all work perfectly. Today I added email accounts to a domain that has been parked for sometime but has never before being used for email.
Almost immediately I got complaints from the new email users that their outgoing mail is not arriving at its destination. After checking the mail log I was pretty sure this mail was ending up in junk folders at the other end so I created a test user@the domain and confirmed this with my own Hotmail account. (but my Plus Net account did not junk the email.)
My server has RDNS records, does not appear on any blacklist according to blacklistalert.org and there are SPF records set up for each domain. I have not had any issue like this with any other domain on this server. Why would this happen and how can I fix it?
1 REPLY 1
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Email from a domain getting junked problem, Help.

After checking the mail log I was pretty sure this mail was ending up in junk folders at the other end so I created a test user@the domain and confirmed this with my own Hotmail account. (but my Plus Net account did not junk the email.)

So were the emails arriving intact at the Plusnet side or not arriving at all? Conscious that you started this thread a while back so did you manage to sort it out?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵