cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email from Plusnet account to Plusnet account - 12 hours + delay

ScottishWalrus

Email from Plusnet account to Plusnet account - 12 hours + delay

Really appreciate Plusnet service (after BT). They have been excellent at resetting my broadband to 0.7Mbps when an automatic adjustment drops it to 0.5Mbps (trust me once you are below 1 a 0.2 drop is significant). We are about to be connected (FTC) to fibre after a year of BT inching towards completing the cabinet they installed. BUT I am worried about emails. We have different laptops connected and the easiest way to share a document should be email. On thursday however emails sent ~7pm did not arrive until late afternoon the following day! This is not the first time it had happened but it is the most blatant and well documented. It has also prompted me to look at dropped connections which are occurring. Trying to record a video interview it was repeated dropped connections that sent me to Wetherspoon's for wi-fi. Ironically the workaround was to use my PlusNet ISP to connect to hotmail who delivered the email to the PlusNet account by the time I walked next door???????? Is Plusnet email dodgy?
8 REPLIES 8
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Email from Plusnet account to Plusnet account - 12 hours + delay

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Email.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @ScottishWalrus 

Welcome to the fourms!

You're not, by chance, sending emails from a Plusnet account to a gmail address are you? 

Thanks, 

MoR

ScottishWalrus

Nope my Plusnet account to my wife's Plusnet account nextdoor!

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks @ScottishWalrus 

Can you let us know if you are using the webmail portal or an email client on your devices? 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

ScottishWalrus

I use https://webmail.plus.net

I login using different computers so I keep everything online.

Over 12 hours to send an email is ridiculous.  I even sent a second email using Plusnet and that was delayed too!

Without knowing what the problem is I am concerned that a new contract on fibre will not resolve the issue.  Likewise when RBS explained the dropped connections during recording - I am not entirely convinced fibre will resolve the problem.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@ScottishWalrus - can you confirm if you are only noticing delays when sending PN to PN emails? 

We are aware that there are issues sending to Gmail address (stemming from gmail rather than ourself as far as we have found out - this is why I asked the initial question). 

Thanks,

MoR

ScottishWalrus

I  refer you to my earlier post - number 3!

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @ScottishWalrus

I see you said you send a second email using plusnet, but was unsure if you sent this to another plusnet account.  

I've refreshed your webmail component to see if this flushes out any underlying issues - unfortunately this can take a few hours to complete. 

Can you try sending one again tomorrow morning and let us know how it goes? 

Thanks, 

MoR