cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email filtering

adagio
Grafter

Email filtering

I scarcely use my 'default' Plus email address other than for communication with PN and it has, so far as I am aware never appeared on any web site to be harvested. However, I have recently been receiving a good deal of spam addressed to it. My main provider uses Smartermail 13.2 which provides powerful and flexible message filtering. It would be much appreciated were Plusnet to provide similar facilities.
4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Email filtering

Hi David,
Have a read of this - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,133959.0.html - which rather explains the spam to your PlusNet billing email address Wink
As for filtering, see email settings in the user portal.  You can establish black list filters therein.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: Townman
As for filtering, see email settings in the user portal.  You can establish black list filters therein.

Or you could just enable spam filtering? Wink
Click here, click the 'Spam' tab, enable the filter, then click 'update settings'. You'll need to wait 24 hours or so for DNS to update.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

adagio
Grafter

Thanks for the replies. I have enabled spam filtering will wait and see what happens.  Smiley
Kremmen
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Fortunately no issues here but I'm another that only uses my PN email facility for PN comms. I've been caught out before when leaving a BB provider and the hassle trying to remember who has what addy.
Let's be careful out there !