Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email encryption password

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Email encryption password

Might just be the IP you're currently assigned. The problem isn't going to exist for all of them.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Excuse me for eavesdropping, but Thank You, people, for a really enjoyable conversation  Cheesy  Cheesy
randpwar
Grafter

Well, it went away for a couple of days but is now back again, on Metronet only  Cheesy
Please, Please  Smiley can we get rid of this now, for ever
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@randpwar, I'm not sure how many other ways I can say this but *the problem is intermittent*
Each time you connect to the Internet you are assigned a different IP address. The problem exists for some of these IP addresses but not others. This means that you may be experiencing the problem one minute but then a disconnection/reconnection later it will appear to have gone away.
As mentioned in my post here, we have a problem open to get this fixed which should hopefully be happening at some point today...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

randpwar
Grafter

Quote from: Bob
@randpwar, I'm not sure how many other ways I can say this but *the problem is intermittent*

I've looked back through all your replies to me concerning this issue and as far as I can see you've never stated that 'the problem is intermittent' either in bold or otherwise; perhaps you could direct me to your reply number where you say this. Please feel free to reply in normal font as I can read that just as easily as I can read bold and this will remove the danger of me thinking that you're shouting at me.
Like you, I hope that the fix you mentioned will go in today and that it will be a permanent fix
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Here, although in hindsight I guess I could have made it clearer. Didn't mean to come across as shouting at you, I just wanted to stress the point that you're not necessarily going to see any degree of consistency in the symptoms.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

randpwar
Grafter

Ah, I see, thanks Bob. I'm afraid I hadn't made the mental leap that you (quite reasonably) assumed I was clever enough to make. Dumb me
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

OK, Metronet should now be fixed so shout up if this happens again form a Plusnet connection.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team