Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email down

FIXED
HaresEar
Grafter

Email down

Is there problem with email as I cannot log into web mail.  Cannot connect to imap server

14 REPLIES 14
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Email down

Hi @HaresEar, thanks for your post.

On checking the account, I can't see any reason as to why you'd be experiencing issues  in getting logged on to webmail.

To confirm, is it webmail.plus.net that you're having difficulty with? Are you able to access your emails via your email clients?

bellaf
Dabbler

I have also not been able to access emails, error message is: unable to access the imap mail server.... this is the same if I use mobile phone mail app or using the webmail service.... service status indicates all is well, but maybe not?
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @bellaf, thanks for your post.

Can you confirm what your incoming and outgoing servers are currently set to?

For reference, if you're using IMAP, your incoming server should be imap.plus.net with the outgoing server being relay.plus.net.

bellaf
Dabbler

Hi Owen, yes, that’s the correct mail config... it hasn’t changed on my phone, sported the last mail update was this morning at 9:36. I have also tried accessing the webmail service, but that also reports an error when logging in about the imap service being unavailable...
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fix

Hi @bellaf, thanks for your response.

On checking, we're having no such issue when trying to log in to our own webmail accounts - which is strange considering at least 2 of you are experiencing this issue.

I've refreshed the mailbox component on your account - are you now able to log in?

HaresEar
Grafter

My mail has now started working again including webmail.

Thanks.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @HaresEar, thanks for letting us know.

We're pleased your mail is now working correctly.

@bellaf, have you had any luck accessing your email as yet?

bellaf
Dabbler

Yes, thanks Owen, all seems to be working again....

Reds
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's excellent news @bellaf.

Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if you need anything else - we're just a click away.

BertCoules
Grafter

Hi @OskarPapa.  I'm also having difficulty with email: since a few hours ago, completely out of the blue, I've had a problem logging on to my mail.plus.net account.  I'm using Windows Mail under Windows 7 on a desktop PC with a fibre connection and getting a Windows Security popup asking me to verify my username and password. 

Entering what I know to be the correct details in the empty boxes doesn't work: the verification demand simply comes up again.

This connection was working perfectly just a few minutes prior to this happening and nothing has changed with my setup. 

Any suggestions will be gratefully received!  Many thanks.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @BertCoules,

I'm sorry to hear that it's not allowing you to login to your emails via Windows Live Mail. So that we can determine whether this issue lies with the email credentials or with the mail client, please can you try logging in to webmail here and let us know whether or not it allows you to login?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
BertCoules
Grafter

@EmilyD, thanks for your reply.  Yes, I was able to login to Webmail with no problems.  I'll check Windows Mail again...

EDITED TO ADD:

...and now it's working perfectly once more.  I've made no changes to the setup so I've no idea what might have gone wrong.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @BertCoules,

Thank you for getting back in touch, I'm glad to hear that this is working now. Hopefully this was just a blip but please let us know if you experience any further problems with your email or if there's anything else that you'd like to discuss.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
BertCoules
Grafter

Thanks for that.