Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email configuration no longer accessible on user portal

FIXED
ukskydoc
Dabbler

Email configuration no longer accessible on user portal

I've used free-online since almost its inauguration back in the 90's. Today I went on the user portal as I am trying to collect my email using in my Thunderbird client. I have one account which is connected fine, but the other free-online account keeps giving me log-in error messages. The latter account I also use for managing my broadband account with plusnet.

Leaving aside the question for now of why I can access my email on Thunderbird email client and the other not, my question is why I cannot manage the EMAIL account on the user portal, as there is no longer an EMAIL tab on my browser page when I log in. I have logged in via Firefox as well as MS Edge. I was logged into the user portal only just over a week ago and it was definitely there then, as I changed some of my forwarding accounts, the default account and blacklisted accounts.

I have logged into and out of plusnet (selecting the free-online drop down as usual - I don't have a plusnet email set-up).

Have there been some changes recently behind the scenes in the good offices of plusnet which affect free-online users?Huh

5 REPLIES 5
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Re: Email configuration no longer accessible on user portal

Fix
Let me have a look for you and I’ll get back to you in a moment fellow free-online’er…

Edit: Looks to be accessible.
It’s no longer accessible via the old icon button we used to have for many years. To find manage mail now, it is in the Manage Account section and is just a text link below your details.
That's RPM to you!!
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Oh, it could also show up on the right side of the page depending upon what device is being used. Currently on mobile at the moment so for me it shows at the bottom.
That's RPM to you!!
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@RPMozley It is on the bottom on the desktop site, too.

John
ukskydoc
Dabbler

Ah! Thank you! Yes, that must have changed only very recently. It wasn't that easy to spot as although I did look there I had to scroll down to find it. How very bizarre. Why make this change and not tell anyone? Someone hasn't updated the HELP pages on email yet. Annoying. Thank you for finding this for me!

ukskydoc
Dabbler

Thank you. I couldn't see it on the home page, but as the other respondent here noted, one has to go to the MANAGE ACCOUNT page and scroll down to find it on the desktop site. IT must have changed very recently as this is not the instruction in plusnet's email help page, neither was it there only a week or so ago when I was working on my email settings.