Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email ceased prior to migration

FIXED
A_Schoenblerg
Dabbler

Email ceased prior to migration

I'm in the process of migrating Broadband and phone from Plusnet to Post Office. 

Phone has already migrated, and Plusnet emailed to say that broadband migration would take place on 28th December. "Brilliant," I thought, "plenty of time to ask for an email-only account so I can keep hold of my Plusnet email accounts for a while!" 

So I requested an email-only account last Thursday evening, only to discover that I was too late - the email accounts had been cancelled. Sad

Initially, I thought "Well, that's a shame, I should've acted sooner." But now I'm starting to think that Plusnet have been rather premature. They're still supplying my broadband - shouldn't they still be supplying my email as well? I'm inclined to complain about this. Or is there some small print I've missed?

11 REPLIES 11
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Email ceased prior to migration

Welcome to the community forum @A_Schoenblerg

I'm sorry to see your account has been closed prior to the broadband actually leaving us. Please leave this with me and I'll be back in touch with an update shortly.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've reactivated the account and moving forward we should be able to keep it as mail only for you following the migration of your broadband.

In regards to emails/email addresses that were lost when the account was closed, I've put some more information on your account on a ticket.

Please could you respond to the ticket here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=140557159

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
A_Schoenblerg
Dabbler

Hi Harry.

Thanks for sorting this out so quickly. Smiley

It's really excellent service - you've acknowledged my original problem, fixed it (by reactivating the account) and then gone further by offering to re-create my mailboxes and (possibly) recover some lost emails. Good stuff - I'm almost sorry to be leaving Plusnet, now!

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

No problem, I've now re-created the mailboxes that you confirmed via the ticket and raised a request with the relevant department to check for a backup of the mail that has been lost.

I'm not entirely sure how long the backups are kept after a mailbox is destroyed so there is a possibility we won't be able to get the mail back, but the mailboxes should be back shortly if they're not already Smiley

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
A_Schoenblerg
Dabbler

Thanks, Harry. The mailboxes are there.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@HarryB,

Is there a process issue here which needs attention?

If broadband is still being supplied to a given termination date, then although commercially the account might be all done and dusted, nothing should be actually closed off until termination date?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It was unfortunately agent error in this case and not down to a process issue.

You're correct in saying if we're still providing broadband, the account shouldn't be cancelled. That's in line with the process Smiley
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
A_Schoenblerg
Dabbler

Thanks again for sorting this out, Harry.

My broadband service has successfully migrated, and I still have my Plusnet mailboxes, which is what I wanted Smiley

Shame about the error with the email, as otherwise this would've been an good example of how easy switching can be.  

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glad to hear it's sorted, apologies it wasn't as hassle free as we would have hoped for.

I've now downgraded your account to Generic services to keep the emails addresses active moving forward.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

@HarryB following on from another thread - what is the charge for "Generic Services"

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Oldjim wrote:

what is the charge for "Generic Services"

There is no charge for Generic Services.

Given the circumstances in this instance, I moved the account to this as opposed to the chargeable Mail Only account type as a gesture of goodwill.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet