cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email box reaching limit.

Bluebrooke

Email box reaching limit.

I have had an email telling me that I need to reduce size of emails on server - box full. I logged on to webmail to delete old emails but when i try to open my archive folder i get an error message saying could server run timed out....how can I delete emails to reduce my email box size. .
3 REPLIES 3
C-B

Re: Email box reaching limit.

I'm having the same problem it says I have over 10000 emails but it will not display them to get rid of them tried calling Plusnet this morning no joy in getting through cant use my webmail have to rely on phone to see and use can any one help

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi @Bluebrooke and @C-B 

A warm welcome to the forums.  This might help.

Slow webmail

There is a known gremlin in the third party Round Cube webmail program which can cause delays in listing emails - see the end user mitigation post at the top of the Email board here. It somewhat appears that any sorting or filtering on a large mailbox cripples the performance of RC webmail, where as the 'basic' webmail program (Squirrel Mail) is not affected. Using Squirrel Mail can be an effective way of accessing a mail box which is running slow with RC.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

auldgrey

I had the same problem, I saw the RoundCube pinned post and it worked for me 🙂